10 Fascinating Facts About Dubai Mall
You might think that Dubai Mall is just an ordinary shopping centre. However, it is anything but and full of fascinating surprises. It is a must-see in Dubai and you will find that you will probably spend a lot of time there. Plus, it is a great place to escape the heat. Here are 10 facts about the mall and probably the reason it sees 75 million visitors per year:
- It is the largest mall in the world by total area at 1,124,000 square meters. In other words, it is equivalent to 50 football pitches!
- There are 1200 stores open in Dubai Mall and that doesn’t include the pop up ones!
- Inside the mall, its ground level is home to the Dubai Aqaurium, which houses the world’s largest acrylic panel. The panel is 108 feet wide, 27 feet high and 29. 5 inches thick and weighs 541, 486 pounds. The acrylic panel made it to the Guiness Book of World Records. The aquarium is also the world’s largest indoor aquarium.
- You can take a ride on a glass bottom boat to view over 33,000 aquatic animals and you could also go cage diving with sharks!
- It is home to Dubai Fountain, which is set on 30 acre Burj Khalifa Lake. The water jets are about 500 feet to 700 feet long.
- There is a theme park inside the mall – Sega Republic. You can experience all Sega games in one house here and there are plenty of high adrenaline rides!
- There is an Olympic sized ice skating rink at the Dubai Mall in Dowtown Dubai! It is located on the ground floor but extends to the second floor. The rink also hosts Emirates Hockey League games.
- There is a waterfall inside the mall and that’s not the only special part. It’s an illusion waterfall. There are statues that are diving from the waterfall and if you stare at one, the others disappear!
- The Dubai Mall houses the world’s largest candy store: Candylicious and it spans over 10,000 feet!
- The mall has a 250-room luxury hotel, 120 restaurants and a parking facility that houses 14,000 cars!