5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cape Town
1. The location: Cape Town has amazing beaches, mountains, gardens and harbours. Whether you enjoy water activities, great views or indulging in nature, Cape Town is the city that literally offers something for everyone.
2. The adventure: If you love hiking, trail running or cycling the you can be sure to find great options in Cape Town. Take a trail running tour of Table Mountain or a cycle tour through the Winelands. Go paragliding and see a bird’s eye view of Cape Town. For a real thrill, why not go shark cage diving with the Great Whites!
3. The rich cultural heritage: Cape Town is a diverse city and has a vibrant arts and culture scene. There are so many museums to visit to learn about Cape Town’s complex history. Admire the visual art displays throughout the city. Take a walk through Bo-Kaap and admire the bright coloured buildings. At night, enjoy theatre, live music, dance and film. Even the diverse cuisines provide a taste that is uniquely Cape Town.
4. Marine and wildlife: Cape Town and its surrounds are home to a variety of wildlife. Embark on a safari experience in the southern Karoo highland and spot rhinos, elephants, lions, leopards and cape buffalo. Go whale watching in season or take a cruise to see thousands of Cape Fur seals in their beautiful natural habitat. Have an encounter with eagles, explore the World of Birds or meet the penguins at the Two Oceans Aquarium.
5. If you love wine: Cape Town’s Constantia Valley is South Africa’s oldest wine-growing region and dates back to 1685. Enjoy wine tasting there or take a trip to Stellenbosch and enjoy a cellar tour and wine tasting. There are also plenty of events and festivals to visit in the winelands and if anything, you can enjoy the stunning scenery.